The Pokémon Company International and Bandai Namco Studios have released a new software update for New Pokémon Snap, which is now on version 2.0.0.
This update has added three new areas for you to explore and 20 additional Pokémon that couldn’t be found before for you to discover. Those three areas are:
- Secret Side Path (Day/Night): The NEO-ONE shrinks to a tiny size when you explore this area, so the Pokémon you see will look gigantic! You can even hear their breathing and footsteps in this thrilling area, and you might spot new kinds of behaviour from Pokémon you’ve seen before.
- Mightywide River (Day/Night): Mightywide River is a nurturing water source that provides the whole of Belusylva Island with sustenance. You’ll be conducting research as you ride down the river, so be on the lookout for rapids as you search for Pokémon, and keep your camera ready so you don’t miss capturing them in action.
- Barren Badlands (Day/Night): In this area, you’ll research the badlands of Voluca Island, where dry winds from the desert blow. This area has many peculiar features, from geysers to poisonous, gas-spewing swamps. Pokémon may be hiding underground or in the rocky cliffs, so keep your eyes peeled for them while you’re on your expedition.
New Pokémon Snap is now available exclusively for Nintendo Switch worldwide.
New Pokémon Snap Update Version 2.0.0 Patch Notes
- 3 new areas have been added: Secret Side Path, Mightywide River, and Barren Badlands.
- These new areas also contain 20 new Pokémon.
- Additional research titles, profile icons, photo filters, stickers, and frames have been added.
- Search options for Other Players’ Photos have changed.
- Other issues have also been addressed to improve the game-play experience.