This time around you will play as Hornet, princess-protector of Hallownest, who was captured and brought to a new kingdom that’s ruled by silk and song.
You must battle foes and solve mysteries as Hornet ascends on a deadly pilgrimage to the kingdom’s peak. You will have the chance to explore all-new lands, discover new powers, and uncover ancient secrets tied to your nature and your past.
The developer has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Discover a whole new kingdom! Explore coral forests, mossy grottos, gilded cities and misted moors as you ascend to the shining citadel at the top of the world.
- Engage in lethal acrobatic action! Wield a whole new suite of deadly moves as you dance between foes in deadly, beautiful combat.
- Craft powerful tools! Master an ever-expanding arsenal of weapons, traps, and mechanisms to confound your enemies and explore new heights.
- Solve shocking quests! Hunt down rare beasts, solve ancient mysteries and search for lost treasures to fulfil the wishes of the downtrodden and restore the kingdom’s hope. Prepare for the unexpected!
- Face over 150 all-new foes! Beasts and hunters, assassins and kings, monsters and knights, defeat them all with bravery and skill!
- Challenge Silk Soul mode! Once you conquer the kingdom, test your skills in an all-new mode that spins the game into a unique, challenging experience.
- Experience a stunning orchestral score! Hollow Knight’s award-winning composer, Christopher Larkin, returns to bring melancholy melodies, symphonic strings and heart-thumping, soul strumming boss themes to the adventure.
Hollow Knight: Silksong will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide, with a release date or window still to be confirmed.