This sequel to My Time at Portia is an adventure RPG that takes place in “a wholesome post-apocalyptic world.”
Set 300 years after the Day of Calamity had destroyed most modern technologies, you play as a fledgling Builder who journeys to the desert community of Sandrock. You must use your trusty toolset to gather resources, construct machines and turn your run-down workshop into a well-oiled production facility.
“My Time at Sandrock takes place in the same world as its predecessor, My Time at Portia. This time we’ll take you to a mysterious city in the heart of the desert,” the developer explains.
“In this sequel to the My Time series, we’re expanding the story while introducing more in-depth narratives, fascinating characters and richer gameplay. During the development, a visit to the Gobi Desert in northwest China took our breath away. The stunning landscape and innovative techniques used by locals to reclaim the desert sparked our passion for this project. We hope you will join us on this desert journey, thank you!”
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features, which include:
- Discover over 60 hours of adventure with a deep story, sidequests, and rich character backstories
- Engage in numerous activities and interactions with NPCs, including romance and the option to get married and have children!
- Build your own workshop, craft hundreds of items, decorate your home, plant crops, cook recipes, raise livestock, and meet many animals with unique personalities
- Discover treasure, relics, and resources hidden beneath the Eufaula Desert
- Face a wide range of enemies in dungeons and experience a realistic and ever-changing desert environment.
- Find even more fun with exciting mini-games like sand running, gun fighting, sand fishing, holiday events and many more!
- Embark on a unique Multiplayer adventure, arriving as a free update after launch, to rebuild Sandrock with friends!
My Time at Sandrock will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide in Summer 2023.