Nighthawk Interactive and Digital Dreams Entertainment have announced plans to release Mutant Football League: Dynasty Edition for Nintendo Switch at retail.
This will have new exclusive teams and gameplay content for the bone-crunching game, which is a spiritual successor to the retro classic Mutant League Football.
It will include the Dynasty Mode, a single player experience where you become the coach and manager of your favourite Mutant Football League team – challenges to train a group of unproven rookies into monstrous all-stars.
The Dynasty Edition will also add two brand new species, six new teams, several new Dirty Tricks and more fantastical arenas full of ruthless fans and deadly traps.
“We’re looking forward to introducing Mutant Football League to an all-new audience with its debut on the Nintendo Switch,” Digital Dreams Entertainment creative director Michael Mendheim explains. “With the Dynasty Edition, old and new players alike can really build onto the core game to make their own unique experience. The only predictable element across the board is broken bones and fun.”
The Mutant Football League: Dynasty Edition will include:
- Retail Exclusive Team Content: New contenders are stomping onto the field, with the addition of two new teams, the Purple Mutant Eaters and Hexxon Oilers, each with their own arena.
- Dynasty Mode: Become the coach and GM of your favourite MFL team. Win multiple championships to become the leagues next Dynasty. Includes roster management, team salary caps, custom playbooks, player trades, cumulative player XP, free agent signings and multiple season gameplay.
- New Playable Races: Rampaging Werewolves and Hell-Spawned Demons join wisecracking Skeletal Deadheads, Armored Bruiserbots, Criminal Aliens, Mutated Humans, Monstrous Orcs on the field.
- Multiplayer Options: Two-player online or four-player local multiplayer gives gamers the choice to clobber one another or team up and crush opposing miscreants.
- 25 Unique Teams and Fields: Players can select from 25 teams including the Nuked London Hatriots, the Killadelphia Evils and the New Goreleans Zombies, and 24 unique fields that offer a slew of deadly obstacles including landmines, booby traps, fire pits, toxic moats and buzz saws.
- Hall of Fame Commentary: Original announcer of NBA Jam and NFL Blitz, Tim Kitzrow delivers unforgettable, adult-oriented play-by-play commentary for every game.
- Dirty Tricks Gameplay: Players can get their hands dirty for an advantage, with tactics such as Bribe the Ref, throw Bombs, or equip Shotguns and Chainsaws to inflict maximum carnage against the unsuspecting competition.
- Multiple Play Modes: Punishing play modes include Training Camp, Exhibition, Practice, Playoffs and Full Season.
- Post-Play Mayhem: Players can keep the action going even after the whistle blows by bludgeoning opponents with brass knuckles, body slams, and rib-crushing kicks.
Mutant Football League: Dynasty Edition will release at retail for Nintendo Switch on September 18th, priced at $29.99.