Sony Interactive Entertainment and San Diego Studio have confirmed a release date for MLB The Show 23, which is coming to Nintendo Switch.
In the reveal trailer for the next entry in the globally popular baseball series, cover athlete Jazz Chisholm charts his journey from a sandlot in The Bahamas all the way to the majors.
You can once again expect cross-platform play, cross saves and cross progression, meaning that you can share your progress 0 such as your save file for Road to the Show or Franchise mode – between your Nintendo Switch and other console platforms.
It has been confirmed that the MLB The Show 23 Collector’s Edition(s) will be revealed later this week, on Thursday 2nd February 2023.
The publisher has already answered some Nintendo Switch-specific questions about the port to the portable home console:
- Will the Nintendo Switch support Cross saves?
- Yes. You can upload your saves through the cloud and download them on the other platforms.
- Will I need to download the game if I buy the cartridge?
- Yes. An additional download is required.
- Will I be able to play with my friends on other consoles?
- Yes, full cross play is supported.
- Can I create a stadium on the Nintendo Switch?
- No. Stadium Creator is only available on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S.
- Will the Nintendo Switch support Cross Progression?
- Yes! You can move from platform to platform and retain all your items and inventory. Cross-platform progression requires an internet connection and for each platform you play on: 1) a copy of the MLB The Show 23 game compatible with your console (other platform versions sold separately); and 2) platform network account linked to your MLB The Show account.
MLB The Show 23 will release at retail and digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 28th March 2023.