Dinosaur Polo Club has announced that Mini Motorways has received a surprise launch on Nintendo Switch, their “minimalist strategy simulation about designing the roads of cities around the world.”
Set against a “responsive audio landscape” from Disasterpeace, what starts as a relaxing experience will gradually ramp up in difficulty as you are challenged to remove roadblocks to keep the traffic flowing smoothly.
With maps based on iconic cities like Rio de Janeiro, Munich and Tokyo, you must draw the roads that connect the city to create a network that must adapt to the ever-changing procedurally generated maps. And, beyond that, you will need to choose where to use upgrades such as motorways, traffic lights, roundabouts and tunnels
There are also daily and weekly challenges with special conditions to compete in, like Mini Notorways, where no motorway upgrades are granted, or High Density, in which buildings can pop up in already crowded neighbourhoods for extra traffic complications.
“We’re so excited to bring Mini Motorways to Nintendo Switch and the Night Lights update to Apple Arcade and Steam,” enthuses Dinosaur Polo Club community manager Ruby Solomon. “We love being able to hear from our community and introduce fantastic fan-requests across all platforms! We’re very much looking forward to seeing our players test their strategies on the go as they keep the cities of the world moving.”
The developer has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Draw roads in dynamic cities that grow and change – every game is unique!
- Explore stunning maps inspired by cities all around the world.
- Choose from a variety of upgrades to meet the demands of your ever-expanding road network: highways, roundabouts, and more!
- Select different colour palettes on every map including colourblind and night modes.
- Relax to a responsive soundtrack from Disasterpeace that grows along with your city.
- Unlock new maps as you achieve mastery.
- Compete against other players in Daily and Weekly Challenges.
Mini Motorways is now available digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide.