4J Studios has announced that patch 15 for Minecraft Wii U Edition has now become available worldwide.
This software update prepares the popular creative sandbox for the Fallout Mash-Up Pack, which releases this week.
There are also new blocks, items and mobs to look forward to, a new Tutorial world, Elytra, a new area in The End, tweaks to the Brewing Stand recipe, and a tweak to how Boats are controlled.
Change log for Minecraft Wii U Edition Patch 15
- Added new blocks: Chorus Flower, Chorus Plant, Dragon Head, End Gateway, End Rod, Purpur Block, Purpur Pillar, Purpur Stairs, Purpur Slab.
- Added new items: Chorus Fruit, Popped Chorus Fruit, Dragon’s Breath, Elytra, End Crystal, Lingering Potion, Water Splash Potion, Potion of Luck, Tipped Arrow, Boats made from Spruce, Birch, Jungle, Acacia, and Dark Oak.
- Added new mobs: Shulker, Stray, Husk, and Skeleton Trap Horses.
- Updates to terrain generation: The End has changed when generating a new world, and can also be updated for old worlds. To get the new End in an old world, select “Reset End” in the “More Options” menu when loading the world.
- After killing the Ender Dragon in the new End, an End Gateway will spawn nearby. Throwing an Ender Pearl into this will teleport you to a new area in The End with an End City and End Ship.
- Within the End City and End Ship you can find Shulkers, Elytra, and a Dragon Head.
- Added new Tutorial world.
- Added Elytra, which let you glide around the world when you are wearing them. Jump while falling to start gliding.
- Boats are now controlled differently and can have multiple passengers.
- Brewing now requires Blaze Powder as fuel for the Brewing Stand.
- Updated crafting interface to allow crafting Firework Stars and Fireworks.
- Villages now generate naturally in the Taiga biome.
- Added Fallout Mashup Pack trial.