4J Studios has announced that a new software update for Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition will soon become available worldwide.
This is the most significant update that the developer has rolled out for the game, which sees the Nintendo Switch Edition brought in line with other platforms.
That adds the new Glide mini-game that lets players soar and swoop around aerial tracks, new blocks and items, as well as addressing multiple bugs that have cropped up in-game.
Changes Made In Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition Version 1.0.3
- Added Glide!
- Updated Switch Features to be in line with other platforms
- Added Adventure Time Mash-up Pack.
- Added Magic: The Gathering Skin Pack.
- Added Chinese Mythology Battle Map.
- Added Temple, a free Glide track.
- Your best run in Glide will now be recorded (as long as it is under 5 minutes), and a Ghost will fly alongside you in Solo Mode to help you improve!
- The default controls have been changed slightly, and you can now define your own control scheme in the options menu.
- Added Pick Block – This is unassigned by default.
- Added Off-hand slot for Maps and Arrows.
- Added Shulker Box item.
- Added Shulker Shell item.
- Added Iron Nugget item. You can now smelt Iron and Gold armour into nuggets.
- More items can now be used as fuel in a furnace.
- Added new Note Block sounds
- Added some new sound effects for filling Cauldrons, paddling Boats, using a Fishing Rod, and End Portals.
- Using a Firework while gliding with Elytra will now give you a boost. Don’t try this at home!
- Added Concrete Powder Blocks – 16 Different colours!
- Added Concrete Blocks – 16 Different colours!
- Added Glazed Terracotta Block – 16 Different patterns!
- Changed the colour of Dyes, Wool and Banners
- MCCE-4554 – Take Damage when falling into slime block
- MCCE-4704 – Fall Damage being taken in 1×1 areas
- MCCE-4551 – Falling in shallow water is damaging players
- MCCE-2308 – Player Glitched out in Battle Mode
- MCCE-2902 – Squids not spawning in anything man-made
- MCCE-4604 – Battle Mode Spawn Glitch
- MCCE-2019 – Sometimes when with an arrow or hit the players screen will freeze or shake.
- MCCE-4223 – elytra fly glitch
- MCCE-3164 – Rabbits
- MCCE-4662 – Exp from Coal not going to mending
- MCCE-4591 – Map direction icon skewed
- MCCE-4278 – Banner are giant