Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition Update Version 1.0.12 Adds Moana And Xbox Character Packs
Microsoft and 4J Studios have released a new software update for Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition, seeing the popular creative sandbox builder now on version 1.0.12.
This adds the Moana Character Pack that, once purchased, will let you play as Moana, Maui, and all the crew from Motunui, as well as Skin Pack 1 with which you can play as Xbox characters such as Banjo, Gruntilda, Mumbo Jumbo, Bottles, and Master Chief.
There are multiple additions and improvements, but, rather than having us wax lyrical about them, it’s easier if you read through the breakdown below:
Patch Notes For Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition Update Version 1.0.12
- Added Moana Character Pack.
- Added Skin Pack 1.
- Fixed MCCE-6589: Pistons of both types can’t move Cauldrons.
- Fixed MCCE-6531: Placing a bed next to a cactus crashes the game.
- Fixed MCCE-6376: Observer Blocks don’t detect some changes, like other powered Observers.
- Fixed MCCE-6465: Unable to place vines under torches.
- Fixed a bug where Animals are not running away when hit on Peaceful Difficulty.
- Fixed a bug where Tamed Horses with no items equipped despawn after a Player leaves the area.
- Fixed a bug that was reducing the Horizontal distance a Horse would travel when Jumping.
- Change to explosions so that TNT cannons in Mashup worlds work as they used to.
- Fixed a bug where a block could not be moved while a sign was attached to it.
- Fixed a bug where a block could not be moved while a Banner was attached to it.
- Fixed a bug where Tripwire hooks on the sides of Pistons would drop when the Piston was extended/retracted.
- Fixed a bug where Comparators would not register Chest and Trapped Chest size changes.
- Fixed a bug where Rails and Torches couldn’t be placed on Glowstone, Sea Lanterns, Glass, or Ice.
- Fixed a bug where Flowerpots, Doors, and Pumpkins couldn’t be placed on Glass.
- Fixed a bug where Redstone, Levers, and Buttons couldn’t be placed on Pistons.
- Fixed a bug that would allow players to Open Shulker Boxes while ‘Trust Players’ and ‘Can Open Containers’ options are disabled.
- Enchantment Experience costs in Creative Mode now match Bedrock Edition.
- Pistons can now move small chests but only if the new position would have been valid for players to place a new chest.