You will be challenged to fight your way across the city “in a brutal romp that mixes old school brawlers and fast-paced motion-captured combat,” which will see you battle across hand-crafted levels whether on foot or using different vehicles.
Accessible but difficult to master, you will be able to use various weapons, the environment and more to defeat piles of enemies on your way to become the ultimate brawler. That will reward you with the chance to unlock cosmetics, new moves and weapons.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Blockbuster Combat: Tangle with waves of foes with the finesse of an action-movie master. Punch, dodge, counter, and finish off enemies in fluid and visceral combat featuring mo-cap animation by motion artist and stunt performer Eric Jacobus. Custom difficulty modes allow any player to direct the action to their preference.
- Martial Mastery: Level up, power up, and tap into a sprawling skill tree to unleash a dizzying array of devastating fighting moves. Develop your own signature style, and master over-the-top combos that leave the criminals wondering what hit ’em.
- Killer Arsenal: Complement your melee moves with knives, axes, and sledgehammers. Wield a wild array of pistol fire, shotgun blasts, and explosives. Weaponize everything from furniture to toilet plungers. Take advantage of the urban world around you to score increasingly outrageous takedowns and clean up the streets.
- Street Warrior’s Wardrobe: Customize your character’s appearance, and unlock a huge variety of cosmetic options ranging from the ultra-suave to the mega-outlandish. Unlock more 150+ pieces of clothing, equip skins for you and your AI ally Droney, and make a lasting impression as you fight to save the streets.
- Audio Adrenaline Rush: Battle across the city’s 41 hand-crafted levels to the beat of a pulsing, infectious soundtrack by artist Noisecream, and channel the nonstop midnight energy of the metropolis.
- The Fight Never Stops: Return to missions to complete challenges, unlock rewards, and show everyone who owns the streets on the leaderboard. Create your own director’s cut of the action with settings that let you customize enemy types, weapons, and more.
Midnight Fight Express will release on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 23rd August 2022.