Set on a devastated world known as Dystokio, you will play as Talis as you search for other survivors who wish to join you in your fight back against the machines.
With the fate of the universe in your hands, you must unite the remaining survivors and recruit them to your party where you can put their different skills to use in battle. You can have up to three teammates along with your battle dog Pochi, who can be levelled up, learn new skills and join the firefight as a fourth party member.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Post-apocalyptic world where humans are endangered, and machines roam the wasteland;
- JRPG with a blend of turn-based and real-time combat, with an emphasis on tanks and armoured vehicles;
- Explore the expansive wastes of Tokyo Bay – Freely explore a vast world on foot or mounted in your combat vehicle;
- Team up with two new characters – beloved battle dog, Pochi, and artificial-human navigator Po-M as you venture out to unite the remaining survivors;
- Hunt down high-value targets with over 30 boss fights to claim valuable rewards;
- A reimagining of Metal Max Xeno (2018), the latest game in the classic Japanese series, ‘Metal Max’;
- Fully redeveloped with a brand new game engine and a complete graphical overhaul, with redesigned characters, enemies and environments.
Metal Max Xeno: Reborn will release at retail and digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 10th June 2022.