Nintendo has released a new software update for Mario Tennis Aces, that sees the intense tennis game now on version 1.1.1.
This makes preparations for the new Rating feature that will be added to the Nintendo Switch exclusive on Sunday 1st July, that will see players score or lose points based on whether they win matches.
Tweaks have also been made to some missions in Adventure mode, while issues that have been identified in the Online Tournament mode have been addressed, as well as general adjustments to matches and character performance.
Mario Tennis Aces is now available exclusively for Nintendo Switch worldwide.
Mario Tennis Aces Update Version 1.1.1 Patch Notes
Changes to Online Tournaments
- The “Rating” feature will be added to the game on July 1, 2018. Ratings scores will start at 2,000 and go up after scoring points and go down when losing points in matches. It is a score that shows how strong the player is. (The in-game ranking board will continue to be based on Total Points.)
- In cases where there is a disconnection during a match, ratings will go up or down based on the score in that match at that time.
- When there is great discrepancy between players in ability, a player’s rating may not go up even if they win.
Changes to missions in Adventure mode
- Forest Practice Court: We have adjusted how often the opponent uses Zone Shots.
- Forest Edge: We have adjusted how quickly the opponent responds to shots.
- Reflection Room: We have adjusted how much Energy is refilled.
- Royal Chamber: We have adjusted how much Energy is refilled.
- Online Tournament: We have addressed an issue of settings not aligning with Options settings when starting a match.
- Online Tournament: We have addressed an issue of the game freezing when pressing certain buttons after there is a communication error.
- There will be further adjustments to game balance in matches and character performance.