It’s now more difficult for players to float downwards when Smart Steering is turned on, Blue Shells won’t hit the player in second place, and the invulnerability period has been extended after spinning out or crashing.
Nintendo has also added the changes made to Online Play in Version 1.2.1 to Wireless Play and LAN Play.
Changes Made In Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Update Version 1.3.0
- Video capture compatibility added. Hold the Capture Button to capture up to 30 seconds of the previous footage.
- The system must be updated to Ver 4.0.0 or higher to use this feature.
- Now more difficult to float down using the glider when Smart Steering is ON.
- Blue Shells no longer hit the second place player when the first place player hasn’t yet crossed the finish line.
- Extended the invulnerability period after spinning out or crashing.
- Changes made to Online Play prior to Ver.1.2.1 now apply to Wireless Play and LAN Play as well:
- When further back in a race, will receive better items to help catch up to other players.
- No more than one Piranha Plant will appear at a time.
- Updating to Ver 1.3.0 will prevent users from Wireless Play or LAN Play with users on Ver.1.2.1 or lower.