Nintendo has released a new software update for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, which now sees the game on version 2.4.0.
This has introduced the fifth wave of the Booster Course Pass, adding the Feather Cup and Cherry Cup – seven courses that have been remastered from across the Mario Kart series along with a brand new addition in Squeaky Clean Sprint. Those new courses are:
- Athens Drift (Mario Kart Tour)
- Daisy Cruiser (Mario Kart: Double Dash)
- Moonview Highway (Mario Kart Wii)
- Squeaky Clean Sprint
- Los Angeles Laps (Mario Kart Tour)
- Sunset Wilds (Mario Kart: Super Circuit)
- Koopa Cape (Mario Kart Wii)
- Vancouver Velocity (Mario Kart Tour)
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Update Version 2.4.0 Patch Notes
Support for DLC
- Now supports paid DLC: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass, Wave 5 (two cups, eight courses and three characters).
- Improved the performance of some characters and vehicle customization parts.
- Adjusted the invincibility duration of some characters.
- Adjusted random item selection method in races where Custom Items are set, for when there are four players or fewer.
- Expanded range for warning display when a Red Shell or Spiny Shell approaches from behind.
- Made it so that warnings about a Red Shell or Spiny Shell will be displayed with priority over other warnings.
- Made it so that a warning is not displayed when a Red Shell is targeting opponents.
- Made it so that L/R Button operation on the class selection screen and course selection screen in the Grand Prix can be conducted on touchscreen as well.
- Lowered the appearance rate of Mirror and 200cc races in Worldwide and Regional settings.
- Fixed an issue where a communication error occurs when a character catches a boomerang at the same time that a Boo brings an item.
- Fixed an issue where, when equipping an item and catching a boomerang at the same time, the player could not throw that item.
- Fixed an issue where the graph for the Mii Heavy weight class’s parameters didn’t match the actual abilities.
- Fixed an issue where a warning would not appear when an opponent used a Bullet Bill in online matches.
- Made it so the kart doesn’t spin out or crash when running into an obstruction if the player uses a Super Star, Bullet Bill or Boo at that same time.
- Fixed an issue where the kart could get stuck between a cliff and small mushroom and be unable to move in Wii Mushroom Gorge.
- Fixed an issue where the player would go off the course when transformed into Bullet Bill right in front of the goal in GBA Riverside Park.