Nintendo has released a new software update for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, which now sees the game on version 2.0.0.
This has introduced support for the Booster Course Pass, with the first wave adding the Golden Dash Cup and Lucky Cat Cup and eight courses that have been remastered from across the Mario Kart series. Those new courses are:
Golden Dash Cup
- Paris Promenade (Mario Kart Tour)
- Toad Circuit (Mario Kart 7)
- Choco Mountain (Mario Kart 64)
- Coconut Mall (Mario Kart Wii)
Lucky Cat Cup
- Tokyo Blur (Mario Kart Tour)
- Shroom Ridge (Mario Kart DS)
- Sky Garden (Mario Kart: Super Circuit)
- Ninja Hideaway (Mario Kart Tour)
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Update Version 2.0.0 Patch Notes
Support for DLC
- Now supports Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass (Wave 1: 8 courses)
- If someone in the lobby has the “Booster Course Pass,” all players can select one of the pass courses.
- This supports “Friends,” “Wireless Play,” and “LAN Play.”
- Starting March 21st, you can select course from the Booster Course Pass in online play.
- Supports “Worldwide,” “Regional,” and “Tournaments.”
- Even if the player does not own the “Booster Course Pass,” they can play courses from the pass randomly.
- Shortened the time it takes for an Item Box to regenerate when it gets taken by someone else.
- Fixed an issue where a communication error occurs when 12 people matched during online play.
- You need to download the latest update data in order to play online.
- If you download the latest update data, you will not be able to do “Wireless Play” or LAN Play” with other players who are using data from a previous update.
- The update data contains fixes to issues that improve gameplay experience, and other content that is not listed here.
- In order to download the update data, you need enough space on your system memory or microSD Card.