Nintendo has released a software update for Mario Kart 7 on Nintendo 3DS, which sees the kart racer now on version 1.2.
This is the first update that the game has received in a decade, Version 1.1 having been pushed live in May 2012.
In its patch notes, Nintendo has simply explained that the update has addressed “several issues” to improve your gameplay experience. However, it has quickly been data mined, with OatmealDome suggesting that it has been released to target security bugs with the game’s netcode that have been identified within other games.
Mario Kart 7 is now available at retail and digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS worldwide.
Mario Kart 7 Update Version 1.2 Patch Notes
- Several issues have been addressed to improve the gameplay experience.
How To Download Mario Kart 7 Update Version 1.2
- Perform a system update to ensure that you have the most up-to-date version.
- The system will need to have a menu version of 4.1.0-8U or higher to use the Mario Kart 7 Update.
- Return to the HOME Menu, and select the Nintendo eShop Icon.
- Once the Nintendo eShop loads, select Mario Kart 7 Update.
- If you are unable to locate this icon on the main page of the Nintendo eShop, you can Search for Mario Kart 7 Update to find it.
- Select Mario Kart 7 Update, then select Tap Here to Download to download the update to the Nintendo 3DS system.
- Once the download is complete, exit the Nintendo eShop and begin Mario Kart 7. You should now be able to use the Online Multiplayer mode.
- When Mario Kart 7 is launched, Ver. 1.2 will appear in the lower-right corner of the Online Multiplayer icon if the update was successful.