The 3D puzzle-platformer sends you to the underwater-like neon world of The Great Depths, which is filled with all sorts of shapes, colours and underwater inhabitants.
As the squishy hero Lumote, you must squish, bop and bounce your way through a world of puzzles – your ability to possess Motes helping you to reach areas that would not otherwise be normally accessible. Every puzzle that you complete opens a flower gate, helping you to take one step closer to finding Mastermote.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Seafoam Moocher: Squish, bop, and bounce through the world around you. Lumote is extremely curious, highly inquisitive, and adorable;
- That’s one big world: The world of Lumote is a single massive environment with numerous puzzles separated into towers. Each tower marks your mastery of a specific Mote and unlocks a new set of puzzles to explore;
- Solve intricate puzzles: Set in a 3D puzzle adventure, clever and logical level design ease players in whilst increasing the complexity with each Mote you meet;
- Gorgeous sounds: A stunning score accompanies you, deep and trance-like that will take you on a majestical electronica soundscape journey;
- Luminated game engine: Using the original rEngine, Lumote’s puzzles are all interconnected, and you can seamlessly go from one puzzle to the next as you progress;
- Once you complete your first playthrough, switch roles and continue into a whole new world as Mastermote!
Lumote: The Mastermote Chronicles will release at retail and digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 21st April 2022. The physical edition will include a double-sided folded poster, reverse inlay, a unique set of stickers featuring the bioluminescent hero, a digital download for the Lumote EP and instructions to crochet your very own Lumote.