There are three modes in the game: Story, Arcade and Versus. In Story mode, whether alone in single-player or in local co-op, you will be challenged to play through several levels and defeat the enemies that you are confronted with to expand your arsenal. That adventure starts in Braal Kingdom, and, based on the cupcakes that you collect, will soon see you travel to new worlds.
In the game’s Arcade mode, you must defend your castle against waves of enemies. Those that you defeat will drop gold, and this can be used to upgrade your castle between each attacking wave.
And then in the game’s Versus mode, matches start with each team building a castle that is outfitted with cannons. Soon, cannon balls will fly, stone walls crumble and players confront each other with their sword-swinging knights on the battlefield. The rounds are won once you destroy your opponent’s base – knocking out the king or queen within. Win three rounds, and you’ve won the match.
The developer has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- A new take on party games with building mechanics and static weapons/traps;
- Story campaign with 15 levels played solo or co-op with a friend;
- Versus mode where you brawl against each other 1v1 or 2v2. With 4 different battlegrounds;
- Arcade mode, fight for as long as you can against waves of enemies, you might even make it to the leaderboard;
- Original soundtrack by Mike Raznick (Rachet & Clank PS4, Oddworld: Abe’s Oddyess – New “N” Tasty).
KnightOut is now available digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide.