You will have the chance to join Koa and her friend Napopo in this 3D puzzle-platforming adventure set in the sunkissed world of Mara.
After marauding pirates steal the islander’s treasure, it’s up to you to help them get it back – traversing wild islands, dodging cunning traps and defeating pirate bosses “in a loving tribute to the platforming adventures of old.”
Whether newcomers to the genre or speedrunners, this “buccaneering adventure for all” will take you on a journey from sandy beaches to bubbling volcanoes, with each colourful island “chock full of secrets and collectables.”
The developer has outlined the game’s features as below:
- A carefree puzzle-platformer set in the world of Summer in Mara;
- Customise your home hub between levels;
- Meet memorable new characters and reunite with old friends;
- Secrets and challenges and collectables, oh my;
- A joyous, colourful tribute to the 3D platformers of old.
“Returning to Mara with a completely different type of game makes for an interesting challenge,” explains Chibig CEO Abraham Riera. “However, I think the team nailed it. Koa and the Five Pirates manages to feel fresh and familiar at the same time. That’s no small accomplishment!”
Koa and the Five Pirates will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide “later in 2022.”