IguanaBee is the developer behind the game, which presents the chance for you to pitch, slide, field and rally your way to Williamsport’s Howard J. Lamade Stadium to win the Little League World Series Championship.
Looking to capture “the fun and fundamentals of Little League in a new unique way,” you will pick your team, power up your stats and knock it out of the park to become a Little League All-Star.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Become a Little League World Champ: Choose your team, then showcase your skills as you compete through the bracket to see if you have what it takes to be named the Little League World Series Champion. Or jump right into the action in an instant with Quick Play mode.
- Play With Friends: Get together for exciting local multiplayer tournament action for up to four players. Customize the rules, select your stadiums and teams, and see who wins it all!
- Choose Your Style: Customize your team’s look, equipment, and batting style.
- Super Abilities: Use bonuses like Slow Time and Bat Tank to turn the tide of the game to your favour. Earn player-boosting stickers that allow you to build the most powerful team.
- Get in the Game: Intense interactive plays put you in command of executing incredible slides, catches, hits, and more to give your team the edge and bring home the win.
“After the highly successful franchise of Little League World Series Baseball 2010 more than a decade ago, and as we celebrate the 75th Anniversary of the Little League Baseball World Series this August, Little League is pleased to re-enter the gaming space and highlight the fun and excitement of the tournament in a digital experience,” enthuses Little League senior vice president and chief marketing officer Liz DiLullo Brown. “We look forward to enhancing the interaction with Little League fans, both on and off the field, and bringing the World Series experience into the homes of fans of all ages in this exciting new way.”
Little League World Series Baseball 2022 will release at retail and digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 17th August 2022.