After the giants came out of nowhere, they brought chaos to Camelot – destroying the once strong and wealthy kingdom. Fearing that they may bring calamity to the entire world, a wizard called Merlin tried to seal the Void Giant back to the Astral Dimension but unintentionally ended up banishing Camelot with it.
In this Medieval fantasy roguelite, you play as a legendary hero and must find a way to restore Camelot to its former glory. You will need to discover a way to transport the kingdom and any survivors back to Earth, but you will need to overcome the giants to do so.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Defeat Monster and Giants: Giant bosses await you outside Camelot. At the end of each area, you must fight one of three mighty giants equipped with devastating attacks and tons of HP. On your way to these dangerous battles, you’ll encounter the mischievous monsters inhabiting the area around the kingdom. Once normal, peaceful creatures, they have turned evil as Camelot faced the giants’ attack. Engage in combat with these monsters and defeat them with your broken Excalibur.
- Restore the Kingdom: The kingdom of Camelot is in ruins after the catastrophic attack. Restore it to its former glory by defeating giants and bringing back many of its surviving inhabitants who have been scattered across the Astral Dimension. Restoration works will help you advance in the story and will unlock features aiding you on your adventure.
- Count your Blessings: On your mission, you can choose from several power-ups by selecting one out of three blessings. Overall, there are more than 100 active and passive skills which you can receive as blessings from the legendary knights who perished in Camelot’s destruction. Choose carefully, some abilities may be the most useful when equipped with a certain weapon.
- Randomly Generated Maps: The beautifully hand-drawn map will randomly generate itself every time you are transported form the kingdom to its surrounding areas. This way, as you explore the Astral Dimension, no two runs will be the same and saving the world won’t get boring.
- Help and Recruit Survivors: On your adventure, you will encounter various NPCs who might be able to help you on your mission to save the kingdom. While some will aid you, others can be recruited and sent back to Camelot.
Knight vs Giant: The Broken Excalibur will release at retail and digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide in 2023.