Kingdom: New Lands Update Version 1.0.1 Introduces New Game Icon And Improvements
Raw Fury has released a new software update for Kingdom: New Lands, the first that they have released for the kingdom-building simulator on the portable home console.
This throws away the pixellated crown that was the game’s original icon and replaces it with some beautiful artwork, with other tweaks addressing the framerate drops that have hampered the experience since it hit the Nintendo eShop.
There’s general optimisation, wave balancing, changes to how the game saves your progress, and your citizens now performing their duties rather than idly standing around. All in all, it’s much improved.
We showered the Nintendo eShop release in gold, writing in our Kingdom: New Lands review: “It’s an incredible sense of discovery that soon sees Kingdom: New Lands become such a remarkable experience. It can be confusing at first, for sure. But, as you start to piece together all the systems that are at play, this standout addition to the Nintendo eShop soon becomes fiercely compelling to the point that you can happily sink countless hours into it at a time. Just keep an eye out for Greed.”
Changes Made In Kingdom: New Lands Update Version 1.0.1
- General optimisation across the board, particularly for late-game saves.
- Altered balance of wave spawning. Let’s see if you can survive this new format!
- Reverted the save system to a system we have in other versions. So when the game saves now it will temporarily freeze while saving (intentional). This should fix most of the bad bugs that were caused by save corruption. If you’ve experienced a save corruption before you’ll have to start a new game with this new patch. You can start from the map at least so you won’t have to restart on land one.
- Various smaller fixes as a result of the save change which includes: Ballista not firing, Builders not building, and Farmers not farming.
- Fixed that parts of the background wall upon upgrading the castle would not appear.
- Payment system was partially redone, should be faster and a little bit more accurate.
- And of course, the most important part of this update: We changed the icon! Look at that beautiful work of art:
Send us a screenshot of your games library and how the new art stacks up against the other games in your library!
The update is rolling out worldwide so if you aren’t seeing it yet expect it to be available in shortly.
P.S. Did you see we’re adding a 6th island to the game? http://rawfury.com/kingdom-celebrates-second-birthday/ It’s going to be a free update as thanks to all of you for your support.