Tate Multimedia has confirmed a release date for Kao The Kangaroo, which is a “complete reboot” releasing soon on Nintendo Switch.
More than 20 years after his debut on the SEGA Dreamcast, Kao – pronounced K-O – is making a triumphant return to set out on what is promised to be “his biggest adventure yet.”
Once again picking up his magical boxing gloves to “punch a path through his adversaries,” Kao must travel the world to confront famous fighting masters who have fallen under the influence of a “disturbing, dark power.” His ultimate goal is to locate his missing sister and dispel the mystery that surrounds what happened to his long-lost father.
The developer has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Beautiful, diverse worlds, packed with secrets;
- Engaging and fun gameplay for all ages – family-friendly, but for core gamers too;
- Magic gloves stacked with powers;
- Kao – a cheeky, brave, and feisty kangaroo who embarks on a life-changing journey;
- An engaging story filled with a cast of captivating characters;
- Challenging combat including unique boss battles;
- A whole host of items to collect.
Kao The Kangaroo will release at retail and digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 27th May 2022.