Promising a “never-ending party experience,” the popular series, which has sold more than 80 million copies to date, ushers in a new era in looking to offer the ultimate dance-on-demand platform.
With new art direction, a revamped user interface, more detailed facial expressions for the dancers and dynamic camera movement, the developer has also looked to optimise the game’s recommendation system to help you discover playlists for every mood.
There’s the promise of free content updates “on an ongoing basis,” but the key addition is an online multiplayer experience that will let you dance with whoever you want, wherever you want for the first time.
There are 40 new songs and universes to shimmy to, which once again range from chart-topping hits to viral internet phenomena. Those are:
- “If You Wanna Party” by The Just Dancers
- “Anything I Do” by CLiQ Ft. Ms. Banks, Alika
- “As It Was” by Harry Styles
- “Boy With Luv” by BTS Ft. Halsey
- “Bring Me To Life” by Evanescence
- “CAN’T STOP THE FEELING!” by Justin Timberlake
- “Danger! High Voltage” by Electric Six
- “Disco Inferno” by The Trammps
- “drivers license” by Olivia Rodrigo
- “Dynamite” by BTS
- “Good Ones” by Charli XCX
- “Heat Waves” by Glass Animals
- “I Knew You Were Trouble” by Taylor Swift
- “Locked Out of Heaven” by Bruno Mars
- “Love Me Land” by Zara Larsson
- “Magic” by Kylie Minogue
- “Majesty” by Apashe ft. Wasiu
- “Million Dollar Baby” by Ava Max
- “MORE” by K/DA Ft. Madison Beer, (G)I-DLE, Lexie Liu, Jaira Burns & Seraphine
- “Numb” by Linkin Park
- “Physical” by Dua Lipa
- “Psycho” by Red Velvet
- “Radioactive” by Imagine Dragons
- “Rather Be” by Clean Bandit Ft. Jess Glynne
- “Sissy That Walk” by RuPaul
- “STAY” by The Kid LAROI & Justin Bieber
- “Sweet but Psycho” by Ava Max
- “Telephone” by Lady Gaga Ft. Beyoncé
- “Therefore I Am” by Billie Eilish
- “Top Of The World” by Shawn Mendes, from Sony’s “Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile”
- “Toxic” by Britney Spears
- “Walking On Sunshine” by Top Culture
- “WANNABE” by ITZY
- “Watch Out for This (Bumaye)” by Major Lazer, The Flexican, FS Green & Busy Signal
- “We Don’t Talk About Bruno” by Cast From Encanto
- “Playground” by Bea Miller
- “Witch” by Apashe Ft. Alina Pash
- “Woman” by Doja Cat
- “Wouldn’t It Be Nice” by The Sunlight Shakers
- “Zooby Doo” by Tigermonkey
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Online Multiplayer: For the first time in the Just Dance franchise, players can enjoy the full game online with up to five of their friends or other players around the world with Online Groups. All players will be connected to the host’s menu, allowing them to interact with one another through the new emote stickers system, choose songs and hit the dance floor together, no matter where they’re located. Online Groups will support cross-play, while players can continue to enjoy local multiplayer as well!
- New Art Direction and Redesigned User Interface: Jump into a whole new world of Just Dance, complete with a fresh look and feel, immersive 3D worlds and intuitive navigation menus.
- Powerful Recommendation System: The new and improved recommendation system offers players personalized playlists and curated songs right at their fingertips.
- Progression and Rewards: Players can move up in the ranks with the brand-new progression system, allowing them to earn in-game points for each completed dance. These points will go toward unlocking new rewards, such as customizing dancer cards for the first time in Just Dance! Players can personalize their dancer card to fit their own personality by modifying the avatar, background, name badge and alias. They can also redeem points to receive emote stickers, which can be used to communicate with other players in Online Groups.
- Free Content Updates: Just Dance will provide regular, ongoing updates so players can expect new game modes, songs and themed seasons for years to come!
Just Dance 2023 Edition is now available at retail and digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide.