Compile Heart is behind this anime-style JRPG, which has been updated for the portable home console to include “all prior extras while faithfully adapting the content of the Japanese original.”
You will be able to join Chou-Chou on her mission to conquer the universe and its seven worlds, commanding her trusty companion Altis and loyal peon Ryuto. You must turn the heroes and demon lords from each world into her personal servants, freeing the universe of conflict under Chou-Chou’s ultimate control.
With turn-based combat on a free-roaming battle map, party and skill customisation, expansive worlds to explore and a “moe” aesthetic, you can destroy crystals on the battlefield to activate Hyper Mode, execute combos and use Moe Kill techniques to enslave enemies – transforming them into items by exploiting their weaknesses.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Explore seven vibrant worlds and conquer the universe!
- Fight monsters on free-roaming battle maps and make them your servants.
- Execute spectacular combos with your allies!
- Create unique characters by customising body parts, faces and job classes.
- Enjoy “moe” aesthetics and over-the-top anime style!
Mugen Souls will release at retail and digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide in Spring 2023.