From Japanese developer kouri, it is set in a “creepy, mysterious art gallery,” in which, after perusing works of art, a young girl called Ib suddenly realises that she is alone. As she searches for her parents or anyone else, the museum starts to change…
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- A mysterious adventure set it an art gallery full of puzzles to solve.
- Pieces of artwork beautifully crafted in pixel art.
- Basic controls consist of movement and an interact (speak) button, enjoyable by players of all levels.
- Seven different endings to unlock based on player actions and choices.
- Upon completion you will be rewarded with the True Guertena exhibit where you can collect the artwork found throughout the game and be able to visit an extra dungeon that you couldn’t access in your first playthrough.
The game was originally released in February 2012, and, making its return, has received updated graphics, additional effects and an improved screen resolution:
- Brand new graphics for maps, characters, and stills.
- Addition of all-new and redesigned pieces of artwork.
- Further improvements upon the original concept of making the game enjoyable for
- Players of all level through optimizations to the many puzzles in-game.
- Brand new puzzles, effects, and tricks that were not present in the original.
- Addition of “Zoom Mode” for improved visibility, allowing players to spot small items more easily and view the many pieces of artwork in greater detail.
- New “conversation system” allows companions to offer hints and engage in conversation.
- Brand new BGM composed specifically for the remake.
Ib will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide in Spring 2023.