Set in the underground city of Dungeonidas, this once peaceful metropolis has been besieged by a mysterious threat and their relentless army of war golems. It is up to Rayne, to be named a Knight Witch, to use her powers to defend her home and save those she loves.
The developer has looked to combine “fast-paced shoot ’em up combat with Metroidvania traversal and exploration alongside a magic deck-building system.” You can expect to wield more than 30 spell cards, have Knight abilities to upgrade and improve, and have the chance to customise Rayne’s build to fit your playstyle.
She, as with other Knight Witches, thrives off the love and adoration of Dungeonidas’ citizens, growing stronger with their support. You can either choose to capitalise on this, lying to your adoring denizens for your own means, or you can be honest and share the painful truth with the masses.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Shoot ‘Em Up Spellcasting Sorcery: Encounter evil foes and choose whether to wield Rayne’s magic or use her weapons and wits to take them down.
- Body and Mind: The Knight Witch Duality: Customize Rayne’s unique playstyle, upgrading Knight abilities for a more fast-paced shoot ‘em up experience, or strengthen Witch magic and explore different deckbuilding strategies with over 30 unique spell cards to choose from.
- Build Trust & Make Lasting Bonds: Knight Witches become stronger with gratitude and trust and can earn it in many ways, not all of which are sincere – the choice to choose popularity over honesty lies in the players hands.
- Forward-Thinking Accessibility: The Knight Witch has been designed as a Metroidvania without barriers; with an intuitive on/off ‘auto-aim’ system, world-altering ‘cheats’ and a focused main story navigation system – players will never get lost and can tailor the game to their level of play.
- Super Mega Team: The Knight Witch is brought to you by a veteran team of developers behind titles such as RiME, Moonlighter, and Plants VS Zombies.
The Knight Witch will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide in 2022.