Pokémon TCG: XY – Ancient Origins has been announced as the latest expansion to the Pokémon Trading Card Game franchise, packing new Special Energy cards, Ancient Traits, new Pokémon-EX and Shiny Pokémon.
First introduced in Pokémon TCG: XY – Primal Clash, Ancient Traits lend Pokémon Trainers advantages by providing powerful new effects that can sway a battle in your favour. Those being introduced in Ancient Origins are Stop, Max and Double.
Mythical Pokémon Hoopa will also debut as Hoopa-EX, and can use its Scounrel Ring Ability to search your deck for three other Pokémon-EX when Hoopa-EX comes into play.
Mega Rayquaza-EX, Primal Groudon-EX, and Primal Kyogre-EX return as Shiny Legendary Pokémon with brand-new Ancient Traits, their more menacing artwork to easily become a highlight for players and collectors.
The Pokémon Company International break down the Pokémon TCG: XY – Ancient Origins expansion as follows:
* 11 New Pokémon-EX (including 3 New Mega Evolution Pokémon), and 14 New Full-Art Pokémon-EX Cards (including Mega Tyranitar-EX, Mega Ampharos-EX, and Mega Sceptile-EX, plus full-art Shiny versions of Primal Kyogre-EX, Primal Groudon-EX, and Mega Rayquaza-EX)
* Half Art Cards: Many Pokémon with Ancient Traits have half art cards, where the art extends into and behind the text box.
* 14 Trainer Cards: Many brand-new Trainer cards, a full-art Trainer card, and two new Special Energy cards add new depth and tactics to the Pokémon TCG.
* Booster Packs: Packs of 10 additional cards selected from the expansion.
* Two New Theme Decks: These 60-card preconstructed decks are designed to introduce players to the Pokémon TCG by enabling them to play right away.
Pokémon TCG: XY – Ancient Origins will launch at retail on August 12th worldwide, with Booster Packs and two Theme Decks (Stone Heart and Iron Tide) available.