Hero Powers in Guitar Hero Live to replace Star Power
Activision’s Guitar Hero Live is part of the publisher’s activities surrounding Comic-Con International: San Diego 2015 this week, at which they have revealed Hero Powers.
These directly replace Star Power in previous games, with the power-ups able to be used in GHTV to boost your score and provide a competitive edge in multiplayer.
Before you start playing a song in GHTV, you will have the chance to choose which Hero Power you would like to equip for its duration. When available, players can opt to either tilt the guitar controller or press a Hero Power button to activate them.
Reaching more dizzying high scores will allow you to earn more rewards and level up faster, with in-game currency able to be spent on unlocking new Hero Powers.
Activision have outlined several different types of Hero Powers that can be used in the game:
* Clear Highway: Removes all immediate notes from your note highway instantly. The notes are
counts as hits, which adds to your score, score streak and score multiplier.
* Dial Down: Temporarily reduces the frequency of notes that appear in the note highway. This
is especially effective during difficult portions of the song to maintain a big score multiplier.
* Dial Up: Temporarily increases the frequency of notes that appear in the note highway,
therefore giving you a chance to increase your score.
* Double Multiplier: Your score multiplier will double for the duration of the Hero Power.
* Invincibility: Temporarily hits all notes, and missing notes do not register.
* Safety Net: Holds your multiplier and score streak at its current value.
* Score Chaser: Maximum score multiplier is temporarily doubled.
Guitar Hero Live will release for Wii U on October 20th.