This standalone sequel to Heaven Dust is pitched as “a love letter to classic survival horror games featuring exploration, action, puzzles, and resource management.”
After waking up from his cryogenic pod, Steve discovers that a virus outbreak has trapped him within the research base he is in. Surrounded by zombies, he must fight his way out to escape a living hell and uncover the dreadful truth behind the incident.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Classic survival horror genre, featuring exploration, action, puzzles, and resource management;
- Enhanced production value: Better graphics and effects, providing a brand new experience for players of the first game. Twice the content of the first game, prepare to embark on a 10-hour journey;
- Collect and combine, use various items to solve puzzles. Upgrade your inventory. Weapons no longer occupy space;
- Evolved combat system: Fight your way out with a dagger, submachine gun, shotgun, and grenades. Modify your weapons, upgrade them to the limit. Choose your weapon to counter different enemies, plan your strategy, seek their weak points, and destroy their defenses;
- Except for ordinary zombies, all kinds of mutated monsters had joined the battle too: Heavily armored Bone Fiend, regenerating Blood Fiend, approaching boomlad. And, of course, epic boss fights;
- Engaging plot, fun brain teasers. Players need to make an ultimate choice: Two escape routes will lead you to two different endings;
- Casual, Normal, and Expert difficulties for you to choose, suited to all players.
Heaven Dust 2 will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 6th January 2022.