Set in 2053, after the devastation wrought by Word War III humanity has been reduced to existing within a single micropolis called Virdis – itself made from two cities in the luxurious Bright City and the dystopian Blind City.
Motivated to rebel against the injustices caused by the social separation between the two cities and the social inequalities that remain to exist in society, Axel McCoin, a detective from Blind City, becomes a symbol of revolution to those who share his ideals.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Neon Blood unveils an elaborate and deep story with a cyberpunk theme that serves as a thread to tell the story of Axel and the relationships he will establish throughout his adventure.
- Character interaction and exploration will lead Axel through the micropolis of Viridis revealing the different realities of the two cities to players.
- Neon Blood has been created using stunning 2.5D visuals, based on the use of 2D sprites in PixelArt with 3D-modelled environments, maintaining an aesthetic differentiation between the 2D characters and the 3D environments.
- Explore the two deeply contrasting cities with markedly different aesthetics – the futuristic sci-fi cityscape of Bright City and dark, gritty cyberpunk-inspired Blind City.
- Use the investigative skills of detective Axel McCoin to reveal the dark secrets of Viridis and set in motion a revolution that could destroy the foundations of society.
Neon Blood will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide in 2023.