This arcade shoot ’em up has been created with “pure pixel art and chiptune music,” and has taken inspiration from genre classics like Galaga, Gradius or R-Type.
Promising high replayability value, you can choose to play solo or team up with a friend in co-op as you set out to conquer procedural systems, enemies and scenarios meaning that two games will never be the same.
There are 40 phases with bosses and mini-bosses to overcome, as well as three different ships to pilot and many weapons and power-ups to wield.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- 1 or 2 Players Co-op Pixel perfect gameplay;
- 3 different ships to fight against evil with different capabilities and different power ups;
- More than 40 new phases to fight the invaders along 3 areas with mini bosses and bosses;
- Smooth 60FPS Classic Shmup action;
- Original Chiptune arcade OST;
- A totally awesome combination of amazing retro classics, to create a complete new arcade experience.
Galactic Wars EX will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 21st April 2022.