Epic Games has released a new software update for Fortnite on Nintendo Switch, bringing changes to the free-to-play battle royale game to version 5.21 on the portable home console.
This has seen the developer remove Scoped Assault Rifles and introduce the Heavy Sniper, a weapon that can “deliver devastating damage to enemies and even more to structures.”
There are two new Limited Time Modes (or LTMs) in Soaring 50’s and Sniper Shootout – one having “extra emphasis on mobility” in allowing you to heavily use Gliders, and the other, well, letting you battle it out with sniper rifles.
LIMITED TIME MODE: SOARING 50’S
This mode is a twist on the traditional 50 vs 50 mode, featuring an extra emphasis on mobility. Gliders can be re-deployed when falling from large heights. Additional Impulse Grenades, Bounce Pads, and Launch Pads will be spawned throughout the map. Jump in and soar to new heights!
- 50v50 loot, ammo and resource levels.
- When in mid-air and greater than 10m up, press Jump to deploy your glider.
- Added Impulse Grenades to chests at double the standard spawn rate.
- Added Impulse Grenades to floor loot.
- Decreased Spike Trap spawn chances.
- Increased Launch Pad & Bounce Pad spawn chances.
- Profile Stats (K/D & Wins) are not tracked in this mode.
LIMITED TIME MODE: SNIPER SHOOTOUT
- Scoped Assault Rifles have been removed.
- The Heavy Sniper Rifle has been added.
- Only weapon drops are Sniper Rifles.
- Floor Loot spawns reduced by 50%.
- Profile Stats (K/D & Wins) are tracked in this mode.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Heavy Sniper added.
- Available in Epic and Legendary variants.
- Can be found from floor loot, chests, Supply Drops, and Vending Machines.
- Each shot delivers devastating damage at the cost of a long reload.
- Deals 150/157 damage to players.
- These large rounds deal increased damage (1050/1100) to buildings.
- Projectiles fired from the Heavy Sniper have less bullet drop in comparison to other Snipers.
- Minigun headshot multiplier has been reduced from 2.5 to 1.5.
- Grenades now properly grant progress for the Week 5 Challenge: “Deal damage to players with a Clinger, Stink Bomb, or Grenade.”
ART + ANIMATION
- Cloth physics have been fixed and will now appear properly.