Epic Games has released a new software update for Fortnite on Nintendo Switch, changes made to the free-to-play battle royale game seeing it now on version 8.30.
While the headline additions are the new Reboot Van that will let you bring eliminated teammates back into battle and the Buccaneer’s Bounty Event, but, more importantly, has continued to optimize the game for the portable home console.
That has seen the developer continue to improve the experience that you will have with the game, with “level streaming performance optimizations” and “improved texture streaming performance and memory overhead.”
There are far more changes to read about in the extensive patch notes, but we have listed the Nintendo Switch specific performance improvements below:
Fortnite Update Version 8.30 Patch Note Highlights
- Various level streaming performance optimizations for Switch and Xbox One to reduce cases where players see blurry buildings.
- Improved texture streaming performance and memory overhead on Switch.
- Improved performance for Traps.
- Improved performance of the Challenges UI.
- Fixed a source of hitches due to spawning weapon drops.
- Fixed a source of hitches due to replay recording.
- Implemented a fix that should resolve cases of invisible characters after skydiving.