Epic Games has released a new software update for Fortnite on Nintendo Switch, changes made to the free-to-play battle royale game seeing it now on version 11.00.
This has delivered “huge changes” with Chapter 2, seeing players battle across a brand new island with water-based gameplay such as swimming, fishing, and motorboats.
You can also hide in haystacks and dumpsters to surprise your opponents, along with a new XP and Medal system that will help you to level up.
The developer has broken down the headline additions, which include:
- Drop in to a New World – Choose your landing spot and explore an all-new island featuring 13 locations.
- New Water Gameplay – Swimming, Fishing, Motorboats, and more!
- Support Your Squad – Heal your squad with the Bandage Bazooka, carry your fallen teammates to safety, and celebrate with new group emotes like high fives!
- Hideouts and Explosives – Hide in Haystacks and Dumpsters to get the drop on your opponent or go in blazing by blowing up gas tanks and explosive barrels.
- Upgraded Combat – Get back to basics and battle enemies with a streamlined weapon arsenal. Upgrade weapons using resources at the Upgrade Bench.
- More Fun, Less Grind – Level through the all-new Chapter 2 – Season 1 Battle Pass with a brand new XP system and Medals you earn in match.
Fortnite is now free to download on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide.