Epic Games has announced that a new glider redeploy item will be added to Fortnite this week, lending “mobility and utility” to players competing for survival in the free-to-play battle royale game.
While the mechanic had been generally introduced to allow players to redeploy their glider if they gained enough height, the developer has come up with an “alternative implementation” that can be iterated on.
“A while back we ran a test for glider re-deploy. There was a very split response on the mechanic which revealed some positives as well as some negatives,” Epic Games explained in an update.
“We removed the mechanic from default modes, but feel an alternative implementation will help in solving some of those negatives and better suits our goals.
“The goal with the item is to provide mobility and utility, but in a form that can be balanced and iterated upon. By implementing glider redeploy as an item we can iterate on multiple different levels (i.e. redeploy height, movement speed, drop chance, charge count), including inventory slot tension.”
How Glider Redeploy Will Work In Fortnite Update Version 7.20
- The Gliders item will take up an inventory slot and can be found from normal loot sources.
- Activate Glider Redeploy as you normally would, you do not need to select the item.
- Each deploy will remove one charge, when all charges are used the item disappears.
- Use of Launch Pads, Rifts-to-Go, and LTM respawns will not consume a charge, as these put you in Skydiving mode.
- The new Glider Redeploy item can be found in floor loot, Chests, Vending Machines and Supply Llamas.