This episode breaks down the various modes that are in the game, which include:
- Classic Mode – For a trip down memory lane, Classic Mode features the original game presentation in 4×3 with remastered visuals, finite lives and game overs. Classic Mode is available for all four titles and is unlocked from the start.
- Anniversary Mode – If you are looking for something new, Anniversary Mode features a full 16×9 screen display and an infinite number of lives to keep the fun going without any game overs. Anniversary Mode is available for all four titles and is unlocked from the start.
- Story Mode – Combines all four games into one adventure. Start with Sonic the Hedgehog 1 and end with Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles.
- Animations / Cutscenes – Sonic Origins includes all-new animated opening and ending cutscenes for each game, connecting all of Sonic’s classic adventures.
- Boss Rush Mode – Battle Dr. Eggman, Metal Sonic and other challenging foes in Boss Rush Mode.
- Mission Mode – Take on various missions in all four games. The better you perform the higher your rank will be.
- Mirror Mode – Once unlocked, experience classic levels in a brand new way – backwards.
- Coins – Enjoy new rewards by collecting coins in Anniversary Mode or completing missions in Mission Mode. If players fail a special stage in Anniversary Mode, coins can be used to retry the stage instantly. Coins can also be used to redeem content in the museum.
- Museum – Check out a ton of exciting music, concept art, videos and never-before-seen content found in the Premium Collection Vault.
This “all-new multi-game collection” reintroduces the four fan-favourite 2D Sonic games that were released for the SEGA Mega Drive (or SEGA Genesis) – Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles and Sonic CD.
Promising to bring “the best of the original Sonic titles to the modern day,” you will have the chance to join Sonic, Tails and Knuckles to race at lightning speeds across iconic levels such as the Green Hill Zone and Chemical Plant Zone.
You can swap between the Classic or Anniversary Modes, before spinning through loop-de-loops and collecting rings on your mission to save the world from the mischievous Dr Eggman. With Sonic Origins, Sonic fans new and returning can celebrate the classic Sonic games that built the legendary franchise into what it is today. With new remastered visuals, characters, game modes, game zones and more,
Sonic Origins will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 23rd June 2022.