You will play as Aka, a retired red panda soldier who is seeking inner peace, in this “wholesome fully-featured adventure that is as beautiful as it is insightful.” He is challenged to seek out Ghosts to help bring them closure, while also helping Aka to settle on a small island and build his new home.
The developer has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Gardening: The player is invited to grow plants, from flowers to vegetables. The farming system is inspired by permaculture, where associations (garden design) and wild animals play a role.
- Construction: It is possible to craft shelter, tools, clothes, or various props. It can help solve quests or just be for a decorative purpose. You will need to gather materials, find objects or win them while doing quests.
- Relaxation: Relaxing in hot springs with monkeys, watching clouds while listening to the ocean waves, or taking a nap on a giant Capybara… These activities are fun but not useless because it increases your “happiness.”
- Narrative quests: Aka isn’t a linear game. You can choose when and how you decide to help the NPC (if you choose to help them). However, only then will you be able to explore every corner, learn about your past, and maybe… find inner peace.
- Mini-games: A few mini-games will be available; make the sled, marble maze… their number is yet to be defined.
Aka will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 15th December 2022.