SEGA has shared the final Sonic Origins Speed Strats episode, seeing “Sonic Speedrunner Extraordinaire” Argick cover speedrunning tips.
Out now on Nintendo Switch, the episode breaks down topics that include:
- All Titles: To master speedrunning in Sonic Origins, players can perform precisely-timed loop jumps, create the perfect Spin Dash and ace Badnik Bouncing.
- Sonic the Hedgehog: Find the secret platforms in Labyrinth Zone Act 1 and Spring Yard Zone: Act 1 to skip good portions of both stages.
- Sonic CD: Players can use the super-peel out feature to their advantage in Metallic Madness: Act 2 and determine the best way to take on the Egg Bubble boss fight as Tails in Tidal Tempest: Act 3.
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2: Release Spin Dash in the final battle on the Death Egg to get in some easy hits and use the oil in Oil Ocean Zone to run under the level to save time.
- Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Sonic fans can use the Insta Shield to find secret paths and take out bosses quickly, or utilize the Spin Dash feature in Hydro City Zone Act 2 to skip a large portion of the Zone.
This “all-new multi-game collection” reintroduces the four fan-favourite 2D Sonic games that were released for the SEGA Mega Drive (or SEGA Genesis) – Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles and Sonic CD.
Promising to bring “the best of the original Sonic titles to the modern day,” you will have the chance to join Sonic, Tails and Knuckles to race at lightning speeds across iconic levels such as the Green Hill Zone and Chemical Plant Zone.
You can swap between the Classic or Anniversary Modes, before spinning through loop-de-loops and collecting rings on your mission to save the world from the mischievous Dr Eggman. With Sonic Origins, Sonic fans new and returning can celebrate the classic Sonic games that built the legendary franchise into what it is today. With new remastered visuals, characters, game modes, game zones and more,
Sonic Origins is now available digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide.