Electronic Arts has released a new software update for FIFA 18 on Nintendo Switch, seeing the game now on version 1.0.2.
This addresses multiple issues across general gameplay, FIFA Ultimate Team, Online Modes, Career Mode, and in presentation, as well as updating the Chile National Team kits and crest to be authentic.
We are still enjoying our time on the pitch, writing in our FIFA 18 review: “All in all, though, FIFA 18 on the Nintendo Switch is a really good football game and probably the one we realistically hoped we’d get when it was first announced. Those coming from the other systems might be a little put off because all the bells and whistles aren’t there but most of the important things are, and that’s what matters most.”
Addressed the following issues in Gameplay:
- Some players would get the same Pre-Match Skill Game before every match.
- The Attempts counter was missing in the Beat Your Main Skill Game.
- The wrong button callouts were highlighted in the FIFA Trainer when performing crosses.
Addressed the following issues in FIFA Ultimate team:
- Some Squad Building Challenges were missing art.
- Text would sometimes overlap on the Squad Building Challenges requirements screen.
Addressed the following issues in Online Modes:
- Multiple issues related to changing control types going into, during, and leaving matches.
- Some of the text was hard to read on the Team Select screens in Local Seasons.
- An issue where the country flags on the leaderboards would be incorrect.
- The pause timer overlay would stay on the players screen after leaving an online match.
Addressed the following issues in Career Mode:
- Prize money was not being correctly awarded for competitions in certain situations.
- An issue, in Player Career, where the game would crash going into a Pre-Season Tournament match if your Pro was injured.
Made the following changes in Audio / Visual / Presentation:
- Updated the Chile National Team kits and crest to be authentic.
Addresssed the following issues Audio / Visual / Presentation:
- The ball would sometimes be invisible in the Pre-Match Cinematics.
- The 3D player image was missing from the Create Player flow.