Taking inspiration from modern-day cartoons meant for both children and adults as well as paying homage to Satuday morning cartoons, the developer has looked to recapture the spirit of play from your childhood – when sunny afternoons after school were spent adventuring in the backyard or exploring the local park in the hope of finding anything that was remotely out of the ordinary.
The result is a feel-good adventure where brother and sister Toto and Gal must explore dreamscapes in which they can befriend magical creatures. Lost in their imagination, the siblings must work together to solve puzzles so that they can make their way back home.
“This is a game you and I can play in front of our kids to show them a little slice of our collective childhoods,” explains Happy Juice Games co-founder Yuval Markovich. “That’s why we were so inspired by the spirit of the cartoons we all grew up watching, using the sense of adventure they convey to connect with the younger generation. Recapturing that magic that we tend to lose when we get older is what we set out to achieve, and we think people will enjoy finding the charm, the nostalgia, and the feel-good factor whilst they’re Lost in Play.”
The developer has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- A mysterious animated puzzle adventure with amazing, cartoon-style visuals.
- Magical and magnificent creatures throughout.
- No text or dialogue – everything is communicated visually in an endearingly universal way.
- Inspiration from TV shows such as Gravity Falls, Hilda, and Over the Garden Wall.
- Take part in a variety of uniquely creative activities; Play cards with goblins, create a dragon, and teach a sheep how to fly.
- More than 30 unique puzzles and mini-games.
Lost In Play will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 10th August 2022, priced at £15.49 ($19.99).