Now reimagined for modern-day hardware “refreshed with improved graphics and controls,” the project was first announced back in 2017 and had been set for release on Nintendo Switch. Sushee was the original developer behind it, but that effort has now been passed to MegaPixel Studio.
The original Fear Effect saw players searching the dark underbelly beneath Hong Kong for the daughter of a powerful Triad leader. In a world rendered in full-motion video, players took control of one of three mercenaries – Hana, Deke, and Glas.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Iconic adventure-horror with reinvented gameplay, graphics, and controls
- Original story expanded to three separate campaigns
- Modern third-person perspective camera
- Play as Hana Tsu-Vachel, Royce Glas, or Deke and unravel all secrets of demonic conspiracy
- From cover-based battle system to survival horror elements
- Unlock the whole gallery to get even more additional content
- Collect items, solve puzzles and manage your inventory to beat three difficulty modes
Fear Effect Reinvented will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide, with a release date unconfirmed but that it is “coming sooner than you think.”