With the chance to build, produce and control your farm, you have the freedom to choose how to run your business so that it can become profitable – whether that be growing seeds into harvestable vegetables or caring for animals that ultimately end up in meat processing plants, there are many different approaches to take.
The team has even worked hard on its 2XD Rendering technology, which has been developed specifically to optimise your experience on the portable home console – promising to deliver “stunning visual effects while ensuring stable performance throughout the game.”
The developer has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- A Variety of Crops: You do not want to cultivate typical wheat, do you? Perhaps you would love to have an orchard with apples, strawberries, or cucumbers? In Farm Tycoon you can have many different crops that you may cultivate by hand or by using machines, where each harvest has a precise expiration date. Before you plant your seedlings, first remember about the proper preparation of the land for cultivation. Watch your plants as they grow from green, fragile seedlings up to the state of flowering, ripening, and being ready for harvest.
- Agricultural Machinery: On the machine market, you can buy both new and used agricultural machinery. Remember that cheaper, used machines can break down more quickly, especially when operated by an inexperienced employee. Before buying your first agricultural machine, build a garage to ensure sufficient space to park it.
- Processing Plants and Farm Buildings: A real farm is not just about fields. It requires many facilities, starting from farm buildings and barns to processing plants and factories. Has the plague affected your harvest? Maybe it is time to invest in a factory? Build a specialized facility to process what you have managed to grow. Produce juices and frozen food. Have you produced too much sheep, cows or goat milk? Start producing cheese or butter, unless you prefer to switch your farm for the production of meat.
- Animal Breeding: The cultivation of plants is not enough? Start breeding animals. From the smallest ones, such as bees, rabbits, or turkeys to goats and cows. Be sure to provide them with adequate animal feed and skilled caregivers. Raise newly purchased animals before they begin to produce eggs or milk. Bees love buckwheat and colza, so create fields with suitable plants nearby. When the animals get sick you will need to call the vet, and if you want to breed your animals, you’ll have to call the inseminator.
- Ever-Changing Weather: Face variable weather conditions, such as drought or torrential rain, and collect all the crops before the first frost and snow. Watch the shadows, changing sunlight and color depending on the current season.
- Different Modes to Play: Farm Tycoon offers 3 different game modes! There’s a campaign, scenarios, and a free mode. The campaign will guide you through all major aspects of the game and teach you how to properly manage the farm. Scenarios show how to deal with specific situations and tasks. In the free mode, you have complete freedom of actions that will enrich your tasks and contracts.
Farm Tycoon will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 27th May 2022.