Galdra Studios has confirmed a release date for its Nordic-inspired modern fantasy visual novel Arcadia Fallen on Nintendo Switch.
You play as a young alchemist apprentice who is unwillingly bound to an illegal spirit. Unexpectedly drawn into a war between humanity and magic, they must team up with a group of unlikely heroes to escape their own peril – hopefully saving the world along the way.
With a customisable protagonist and a dialogue that lets you shape your character’s personality as you play, you can decide whether to be shy, act boldly or be the one that’s forever telling jokes. You will also be able to romance four of the companions that join you on your journey (LGBTQ+ friendly), or, if romance isn’t your thing, you can form meaningful and deep platonic relationships with everyone.
The developer has outlined the game’s features as below:
- Venture on a journey with no bad endings. Your decisions will never keep you from going on but may influence what you will have to endure before you reach your goal.
- Dialogue options with tone labels. You decide whether your character is shy, bold, or the type to make a joke of any situation.
- Whether you want to become a master of alchemy, engage in a romance, or discover the mysteries of the world; how you spend your time is up to you.
- Create your alchemist in your own image or play out a fantasy.
- You decide how traumatic events sculpt and grow your alchemist’s personality. When faced with a tragedy, will you be benevolent, or will you be vengeful?
- Spend time with your companions to build a deep platonic relationship or engage in a romance (LGBTQ+ friendly).
- You decide how you want to romance someone.
- Use your alchemy skills to solve crises, assist your companions, and change the world around you.
- Take on powerful demons with your alchemy skills and the help of an ancient artifact.
Arcadia Fallen will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 5th January 2022.