The fantasy-themed RPG was originally released for Xbox 360 and PC back in 2009 and now comes to the portable home console in this remastered release, which has seen the developer rework the original game’s user interface.
After the volcanic island of Faranga endures heavy tremors, ancient temples rise from the ground bringing with them monstrous creatures that start to terrorise the area. With fear and panic spreading throughout the population, a powerful group who call themselves The Inquisitors make it their quest to put an end to what has happened.
Sending an expedition to Faranga, a ferocious storm takes hold of the ship and destroys it at sea. Miraculously you survive the shipwreck and are left stranded on the island alone, caught amidst rebellion, tyranny and mystic rituals.
With every action having a consequence, it is up to you to decide which way the pendulum of fate will swing. You will have the chance to choose between mastering the sword, learning the art of staff fighting or becoming a powerful mage, as you forge your own path across Faranga.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Remastered version of the cult RPG with full gamepad controls and reworked UI
- Divided into 4 chapters, letting you decide which side you will join
- 30 different spells to choose from, cast either through scrolls or runes
- Fully seamless world streaming support – No loading screens
- Over 60 hours of immersive open-world gameplay
- Open-world action RPG where every action has consequences
- With each level, your character will learn and improves their skills
- Countless side quests and creatures to discover
Risen will release at retail and digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 24th January 2023.