Thunderful and Maschinen-Mensch have revealed that their turn-based narrative roguelike Curious Expedition 2 is now available on Nintendo Switch.
Promising the chance to set out “on a myriad of fantastical journeys full of intrigue and wonder at every turn,” the game is set in a reimagined version of the late 19th century and looks to deliver an experience that weaves procedural gameplay that has looked to combine compelling story elements to create “epic adventures” each time you play.
The publisher has broken down the game’s features, which you can read through below:
- Explore mysterious worlds in a variety of biomes, each featuring a new combination of dangers and opportunities.
- Manage your resources to keep your trek alive and sanity high. Balance greed against your survival needs to find glory without perishing.
- Procedural storytelling makes every adventure unique. Your characters form relationships, change loyalty, develop illnesses, and more in response to the environment and your decisions.
- Embark on an epic campaign that combines roaming risk/reward gameplay with handcrafted stories to create a narrative experience that can be played again and again.
- The Director Mode adds modifiers and features to every expedition that will make your adventures boundless in scope and even more challenging!
- Dice-based combat mechanics require a combination of luck, strategy and guile to emerge victorious against fierce wild animals and legendary creatures.
- Participate in weekly Club Competitions by joining one of the Explorer Clubs online and take on specific challenges in a race against time for even more rewards!
Curious Expedition 2 is now available on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide.