This dark point-and-click adventure follows Lucy, a young girl who is growing up in a village that lies deep in a forest inhabited by monsters. During the day, she spends time with her friends or helping her mother. But at night, she is haunted by terrible nightmares and hears horrible growling coming from beyond the village limits.
One thing is clear to Lucy – that the dark brings terrible danger with it and that she must never step foot in the forest. However, when tragedy strikes, she is left with no choice but to wander into the forest and face her fears…
Created with a unique hand-drawn and eerie art style, you must search for notes, collect items and combine them to solve puzzles and play minigames in an effort to learn the secrets of Silentown and the forest. The songs that you discover are paramount to communicating with others and progressing in the game, as well as shaping Lucy’s story and experiencing its multiple endings.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Explore Silentown in search of hints, but beware: do not enter the forest.
- A unique, unsettling 2D art style fitting for a mysterious, dark tale.
- Music plays a crucial role, and learning how to sing will help Lucy in times of need.
- Combine items to obtain widely unexpected results!
- Many quirky characters (and animals!) to interact with. Be nice to them before they disappear.
- Play minigames with the other children of the village!
- A very mean cat, programmed to mess with Lucy at any given chance.
Children of Silentown will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 11th January 2023.