ATLUS has revealed that Etrian Odyssey Origins Collection will release on Nintendo Switch, news that was shared in this week’s Nintendo Direct presentation.
This has seen the developer remaster the first three Etrian Odyssey games in high-definition, which include Etrian Odyssey HD, Etrian Odyssey II HD and Etrian Odyssey III HD.
The Etrian Odyssey Origins Collection will offer you the chance to explore “the rich beginnings of this RPG franchise with remasters for three timeless adventures.” That will see you go on a journey of discovery, mapping deep dungeons and building customised parties for exploring and engaging in tactical combat.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Newly remastered graphics, remastered soundtrack and quality of life improvements including difficulty selection and save slots.
- Touch screen mapping functionality for Nintendo Switch™. Plot your progress through the labyrinth, drawing walls and placing icons to note special events and items.
- Full mouse support and functionality to map drawing, menus, and dungeon exploration (Steam).
- Easy access to the monster compendium, quest log, and skill tree.
- Find 24 brand new character portraits designed for the collection, including Landsknecht, War Magus, Sovereign, and more.
With pre-orders now open for Etrian Odyssey Origins Collection and each individual game, those who do so will receive Character Portrait DLC Sets featuring popular characters from other ATLUS IP:
- Character Portrait DLC Set 1 includes Joker (Persona 5 Royal) and Ringo (Soul Hackers 2).
- Character Portrait DLC Set 2 includes Demi-Fiend (Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne) and Teddie (Persona 4 Golden).
- Character Portrait DLC Set 3 includes Aigis (Persona 3 Portable) and Nahobino (Shin Megami Tensei V).
These sets of downloadable content will be available to purchase, priced at £2.69 each, after the game’s launch.
Etrian Odyssey Origins Collection will release at retail and digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 1st June 2023.