You will soon be able to expand your adventure with The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Expansion Pass, DLC Pack 1 – The Master Trials, with Nintendo confirming that the downloadable content will release later this month.
This will include the Trial of the Sword, Master Mode and Hero’s Path Mode, as well as the Travel Medallion, Korok Mask and eight new pieces of armour.
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild DLC Pack 1 – The Master Trials Content:
- Extend your unforgettable adventures with this Expansion Pass – DLC Pack 1 and Pack 2 cannot be purchased individually.
- Trial of the Sword challenges the player to go through waves of enemies in a total of 45 rooms. By completing the challenge, Link will prove that he has grown worthy, and the Master Sword will be awakened to always be in its glowing, powered-up state while usable.
- Master Mode offers unique challenges to the player via stronger enemies and floating platforms. Enemies have gone up in difficulty by one rank. You might even meet higher ranking enemies you don’t see in normal mode!
- Hero’s Path Mode tracks every step you take, so you can watch the last 200 hours of your journey unfold on the map, and use a slider to scroll through a timeline. This is a helpful feature to see where in the world you have yet to explore.
- Travel Medallion will let you register the location you’re currently at as another fast travel point on the map.
- Korok Mask – If Link wears it, it will shake when a hidden Korok is nearby.
- Eight additional pieces of armour themed after previous Zelda game characters – Midna, Tingle and Phantom. Each piece is in a treasure chest located somewhere in Hyrule, which you must find.
- Save data for your game in Master Mode will be kept separately from your regular mode save data.
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild DLC Pack 1 – The Master Trials will release for Nintendo Switch and Wii U on June 30th.