DOOM Update Version 1.1.1 Introduces Motion Control Support And New Party System On Nintendo Switch
Bethesda Softworks has released a new software update for DOOM, with the brutally fun and challenging modern-day shooter experience now on version 1.1.1.
This address audio issues and implement menu fixes. But, developer Panic Button has been working on something far more exciting than that.
DOOM now has motion control support, meaning that those that voiced their disappointment to hear that the port didn’t have gyroscopic-aiming have been heard – something that I’m sure many will be grateful about.
We enjoyed the chance to obliterate demon hordes through the depths of Hell on Nintendo Switch, writing in our DOOM review: “In conjuring all these advantages together, along with your lightning fast movement and lack of a reload button, you will tear into an arena worth of Hell’s soldiers with a seamless, crimson elegance. Honestly, there’s little more satisfying than feeding a Cacodemon with plasma rounds before punching its eye into the back of its head.
“Then suddenly turning around only to see a Hell Knight stampede towards you as you draw your chainsaw, cutting it in half, topping up your ammo. You then switch to the shotgun, blast a few Imps in the face, to then beat the heads off a couple of Revenants using a berserker power up.”
DOOM is now available at retail and on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide.
DOOM Update Version 1.1.1 Patch Notes
* Motion Aiming – New control scheme option allows you to tilt the Nintendo Switch for more precise aiming.
* Multiplayer Parties – Added new party system, making it easier to group up and play with your friends in multiplayer.
* Updated Game Icon – Game icon now matches the DOOM for Nintendo Switch boxart.
* Increased the average resolution in lower-res areas of the game.
* Implemented CPU optimizations.
* Added Traditional Chinese language support.
* Fixed an issue that resulted in a possible crash when using the BFG.
* Fixed an issue that caused audio issues while playing.
* Fixed an issue that caused stretched textures to appear in multiplayer.
* Fixed an issue where controls became unresponsive on the game menu.
* Fixed an issue where players may have incorrectly received a ban notice in multiplayer.